Display Issues when Overclocking RAM or CPU on Ryzen platform

lessardsean13

Prominent
Aug 12, 2017
I have the MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon. I have been having issues where if I change anything related to overclocking settings (i.e. voltage or clock speed), the system will boot, but won't have any display. I would have to shut the system off for an hour or two, then it would have a display. Also, sometimes when the GPU (MSI Gaming X RX 580) is under load, the LED may flicker. These issues had also occurred when I had the MSI X370 Gaming Plus, as well as the MSI Gaming X GTX 1060. I can't find any solutions online, can someone tell me what is going on?

Solution
Makes sense. Faulty, poor quality or underpowered power supplies are generally the #1 reason for about half the posts we get here so it's not surprising. Good luck then.

lessardsean13

Prominent
Aug 12, 2017

I have already figured out a solution.I didn't think my PSU was delivering enough power, so I used an ampmeter, converted amps and volts to watts, and determined that my PSU was being strained. So, I purchased an 850w gold rated PSU (Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W 80+ Gold), and it has been working great. My old one was a Rosewill ARC 650w 80+
bronze.