I can't access my Login-Screen

bennypichler1

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
I have a Laptop which I use for school that has two OSs on it. Both are Windows10, one for private use and one for school use. I've recently been getting been getting several bluescreens on my private OS and now it won't load the login or even the lock screen. I only have Steam and some games installed on this OS. My school OS is fine. However, the bluescreens would only appear in certain circumstances, for instance: When I was using my private OS at school whilst being connected to WiFi or LAN everything was fine, but when I used it at home or when the school WiFi wasn't being bogged down by too many users, several bluscreens would occur in succession, sometimes only a few minutes apart. Now, when I try to start it, it only shows a black screen and the mouse cursor. I have no idea how to solve this, please help.

Solution
download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

see if that helps login screen. Otherwise, see if you can get to safe mode:
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

IF you can get to safe mode, go...

Colif

Win 11 Master
download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB

change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up repair - this will scan PC and maybe fix this - will ask for logon info

see if that helps login screen. Otherwise, see if you can get to safe mode:
boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

IF you can get to safe mode, go to C{\windows folder, change the view to show hidden files and folders and copy MEMORY.dmp to another folder and then upload that copy to a file sharing web site. and share a link here. Dump should show us the BSOD you are getting.

Having win 10 on same computer twice likely confuses the boot loader as it may not know which drive to load from (hence flashing cursor). I am talking about the BIOS, not what is recorded on each drive's boot sector

Solution