Help choosing a new monitor

ranwaymit

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
https://goo.gl/dhwT89

my current monitor is developing image persistence. So I'm in the market for a new monitor. I find myself torn between the three in the link. Wanted to see what others thought. If maybe anyone has had experience with any of these. My budget is $200 USD my only real requirements are that it be atleast 23 Inches and a 1ms response time. I know my options are limited but they all beat what I'm currently playing on (if you are curious my current dying monitor is an HP 23XI IPS)

Solution
I guess (due to 1ms response time) this monitor is for gaming.
in this case it is easy choice as HP one has the highest refresh rate out of those 3. 144Hz is very nice to have in a long run.
Other than that, go to the store and check if you like the image quality and build quality.
I guess (due to 1ms response time) this monitor is for gaming.
in this case it is easy choice as HP one has the highest refresh rate out of those 3. 144Hz is very nice to have in a long run.
Other than that, go to the store and check if you like the image quality and build quality.

Solution

ranwaymit

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
Yes it's primary use would be gaming. If it helps my gpu is a rx 580 8gb black edition. I've read that if you don't know if everything you play will match the response time in framer ate then it can cause issues, is that true? And how Important is the contrast ratio? The hp has a 10,000,000 to 1 the Asus has a 100,000,000 to 1 contrast ratio.

what response time in frame rate ? there is no such thing.
there is an FPS - number of frames produced per seccond
and there is a frame time - time that it took to produce each frame.
The issues that can be are not going to affect the monitor or the computer.
the most common one is screen tearing - happens when the image on the monitor can consist of two frames. that happens less with high refresh monitor.
Adaptive refresh rate helps with this and makes the image more fluid. I'd recommend to have a look at this monitor for 215$ https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ZBZ2FT/aoc-monitor-g2460pf

As for the contrast, don't believe the numbers. They are not really comparable. that's why i suggested a walk to the store to check the monitors.

ranwaymit

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
What I meant was that if you have a monitor with a 144 refresh but aren't running games at atleast 144 fps it can cause issues. I don't know how true it is. These monitors are for online order. So I can't walk in and physically see them as much as I would love too. And thank you on the heads up on contrast ratios and for all the help so far.