Possible Virus? What Happened?

RabbitsTachi

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2014
Hello,

I left my computer running for about a hour. It usually sleeps when I do. When I came back it was in the middle of a update reset.

It rebooted twice.

I don't have automatic install on updates. This has NEVER happened before. I don't ever get those update reboot reminders. It just updates when I turn the computer off.

Doing a virus scan now.

A lot of crap was added to my App Data temp files. Most are .dlls called "API-MS-Win-devices-config blah blah" like for example: "API-MS-Win-devices-config-L 1-1-0.dll"

What happened? Why? What should I do?

Thank you.

Windows 10 Home 64-Bit

Solution
The API-MS-Win-devices-config-L 1-1-0.dll is a legitimate windows dll file for the Windows OS.

On some updates, your computer will automatically restart to install the updates if you do not manually postphone it. Is the computer running normally now? anything unusual or odd occurring otherwise? If so, I think this is just a normal update restart.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The API-MS-Win-devices-config-L 1-1-0.dll is a legitimate windows dll file for the Windows OS.

On some updates, your computer will automatically restart to install the updates if you do not manually postphone it. Is the computer running normally now? anything unusual or odd occurring otherwise? If so, I think this is just a normal update restart.

Solution

It might be a new computer. Get use to it, this will always happen with Windows 10, at least once every month.