Best external monitor for Dell 7567

theelevatorguy87

Prominent
Dec 13, 2017
I'm looking to buy a GAMING/work monitor mix for my Dell 7567 laptop. Any suggestions? It has a 1050ti so in theory that would support g-sync, but my only port option is HDMI 2.0, which g-sync doesn't support. As far as I understand HDMI only supports refresh up to 60hz, so would a 144hz monitor be useless? I'm looking for 1080p and my budget is up to $400US max.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Solution
HDMI has sound, televisions have speakers. I would get a 1080P television in whatever size you like. 1050Ti isn't going to produce 144hz at 1080P. I think the mass market for televisions vs. monitors will give you the most bang for the buck. There are various technologies for flat screen TVs. Some may be better suited for monitor use than others. Viewing angle and that sort of thing. I would suggest some research on that so you don't make a mistake. But 32" 1080P TVs are considered small potatoes, and 32" monitors are still "Massive". IMO a 1080P native resolution screen of a specific size is going to have the same number of pixels whether it's a TV or monitor. Back in the days of VGA and RGB analog this wasn't true. Refresh rate, and...
HDMI has sound, televisions have speakers. I would get a 1080P television in whatever size you like. 1050Ti isn't going to produce 144hz at 1080P. I think the mass market for televisions vs. monitors will give you the most bang for the buck. There are various technologies for flat screen TVs. Some may be better suited for monitor use than others. Viewing angle and that sort of thing. I would suggest some research on that so you don't make a mistake. But 32" 1080P TVs are considered small potatoes, and 32" monitors are still "Massive". IMO a 1080P native resolution screen of a specific size is going to have the same number of pixels whether it's a TV or monitor. Back in the days of VGA and RGB analog this wasn't true. Refresh rate, and fps are 2 different things. But it seems to me that refresh rate would have to be higher than FPS for things to work. I'm certainly not an expert on this. I won't be surprised if there are other opinions on this.But that's what I would look into.

Solution