How should I install windows 10 on my MSI x370 using USB boot?

ignitedhydro

Prominent
Dec 13, 2017
So I got my new PC working and am now trying to install windows 10. Ive tried installing through a USB CD/DVD reader and I used InfraRecorder to boot it through the USB itself, I have a M.2 Samsung 960EVO 500GB inside and I'm having trouble launching the installation of windows 10 cos whatever I tried, it keeps bringing me to "Reboot and select boot drive or insert boot media into boot drive and press a key". Thanks to whoever is able to help me :) oh and I don't know if its suppose to be like this but whenever it shows me the above result I have to remove and reinsert the CMOS battery.

Solution
Did you use the media creation tool to make USB or DVD?

You shouldn't need to change any BIOS settings to be able to install Win 10 on a new motherboard thats never been used before
Does the BIOS see the DVD drive in boot order?
See if secure boot is set as on. This could stop it seeing the drive
See if Fast boot is turned on as it might be ignoring all USB devices except KB/Mouse at boot

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did you use the media creation tool to make USB or DVD?

You shouldn't need to change any BIOS settings to be able to install Win 10 on a new motherboard thats never been used before
Does the BIOS see the DVD drive in boot order?
See if secure boot is set as on. This could stop it seeing the drive
See if Fast boot is turned on as it might be ignoring all USB devices except KB/Mouse at boot

Solution

ignitedhydro

Prominent
Dec 13, 2017

WOO Thanks a lot for the help! managed to go through everything no problems. Thanks a lot!