Windows 10 Spatial Sound Error - I Beg You To Help Me Out With This :(

yannickdemacho

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017
Dear community,

---Backstory---
Recently I bought a new headset with the Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound feature on it.
Now, I really enjoy using this headset but I am struggling with one problem.

I experienced an echo-like sound when using the 7.1 feature and searched on other forums what the cause could be.
Unfortunately, I did not find anything useful. I figured that it had something to do with not having installed the proper driver for Dolby.

So this time I searched for any form of Dolby Drivers out there and I found Dolby Atmos. This should have provided me with a nice experience of the 7.1 Surround Sound feature, but then I ran into another problem.

---The Issue---
When trying to setup the Trial version for testing purposes I encountered this message:
kzMmbe.jpg

Then I clicked on Configure PC Settings and the program opened this Window, but there wasn't an option to choose for Dolby's spatial sound setting. ("Geen" means "None" in Dutch, sorry):
zpxGSs.jpg

Maybe something with Windows 10?

I need to be able to select a Spatial Sound option for and from Dolby.
Is it possible this feature is somehow disabled?

I really hope one of you guys can help me out, the help would be highly appreciated.

Kindest regards,

Yannick

[3 posts merged by moderator]

Solution
Is your headset connected via USB? if so, windows spatial sounds wont work. They only work on analog connections (the green 3.5mm connector).

For USB, you have to use the supplier's software. Because, USB connected headsets do not use the onboard audio and use their own audio engine. Which is why they have to be configured with the software that they come with.

hellraiser06

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2006
Is your headset connected via USB? if so, windows spatial sounds wont work. They only work on analog connections (the green 3.5mm connector).

For USB, you have to use the supplier's software. Because, USB connected headsets do not use the onboard audio and use their own audio engine. Which is why they have to be configured with the software that they come with.

Solution

yannickdemacho

Prominent
Dec 12, 2017

The Astro A50 Gen3 PC/PS4 Edition. (incl. Basestation obviously)
I haven't asked them yet, since I thought this was related to Dolby and not to Astro.