Windows 7 vs windows 10 which is better for gaming

p.petridis12345

Commendable
Oct 17, 2017
So i have windows 7 and i want to update to 10 will this be better for gaming performance etc. Or is it going to be lower.
I have 8 gb memory dual channel 2×4. And i want it for csgo if that matters
Thank you

Solution
It's simply the case of justifying the price of the license. The performance improvement isn't massive. In terms of game settings it wont really be any different. And no there will be no issue with your memory. The boot time will be alot better since you also have an SSD. Personally though, I'd stick with 7.

smashpum

Prominent
Dec 13, 2017

I think it will absolutely provide better performance. ESP with the way that Win10 pre-caches things and also the state of drivers seems to me *opinion* better than it is with 7. I would say the deciding factor is your storage.... Are you using SSD or no... If not ... maybe stay with 7.

Callum Clarke

Honorable
May 28, 2014
Windows 10 does have some improvements for gaming like the so called, "Game Mode" but from what I've heard it only gives you a small boost in FPS. Windows 10 also is better if you are going to be playing the latest games due to Direct X 12 being exclusive to the operating system making your system more future proof. For your case however, I'd suggest staying with Windows 7 as you really won't notice any real performance increase.

p.petridis12345

Commendable
Oct 17, 2017
So if i want the extra performance and the beautiful design of windows10 will it be worth upgrading to, and yes i use ssd. Will there be a loss of performance on anything or only gain fps performance. And will there be any problem with 8gb 2x4 dual channel memory? Will i run low and lag or will it be the same as the windows 7
I hope you understand:)

Callum Clarke

Honorable
May 28, 2014
It's simply the case of justifying the price of the license. The performance improvement isn't massive. In terms of game settings it wont really be any different. And no there will be no issue with your memory. The boot time will be alot better since you also have an SSD. Personally though, I'd stick with 7.

Solution