[HELP] Display goes black/Can’t navigate after uninstalling video card

an.ricky01

Prominent
Dec 13, 2017
I uninstalled my AMD Radeon 6800 Series because i was having trouble fully installing the driver. I didn’t think the computer would black out on me!!

The monitor screen won’t have a display aside from the initial BIOS and Windows introduction screen. I tried rebooting my computer, ran on safe mode but no bueno.

Ran it on normal mode and hear Windows start up and log in, but no display! I can hear everything loading though after putting in my password blindly.

Also tried re-seating the card, still no luck.

Please send help!

Solution
Well again I'm not 100% sure on the advance boot options for ASUS boards. Common keys are F2, F6 F8 and F11.

However, if you wanted to save some cash and had a spare old video card laying around. You could install that old card instead and at least get it up and running so you can install drivers properly. If not then a shop might be your best answer.

Good Luck!

an.ricky01

Prominent
Dec 13, 2017

How do I system restore? The ASUS BIOS is a bit confusing to navigate

Changes depending on your system and age but I think ASUS has an advance boot menu where you can try to do the recovery from. Try hitting F2 or F9 during booting. Instead of it going into BIOS, it should boot to an advanced options menu (should be the same menu you when you booted into safe mode)

You can try system restore or last known good config etc...

an.ricky01

Prominent
Dec 13, 2017
for some strange reason it didn’t complete the system restore :/
Damn!
Thought that would fix it for sure.
Thank you for your patience though. Let’s hope more techies can help brainstorm a solution here.

an.ricky01

Prominent
Dec 13, 2017

It just didn’t go complete and gave me no explanation. :/

And when I press F8 it doesn’t give me an advanced boot option; just which drive to boot.

At this point I think I either need to reformat or just bring it to the shop.

Thank you soooo much for being so prompt and patient with this thread though!!

Well again I'm not 100% sure on the advance boot options for ASUS boards. Common keys are F2, F6 F8 and F11.

However, if you wanted to save some cash and had a spare old video card laying around. You could install that old card instead and at least get it up and running so you can install drivers properly. If not then a shop might be your best answer.

Good Luck!

Solution