High CPU usage non stop

jackdbryan13

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017
Hi so lately my CPU has been at near full usage and I dont know why or what has caused it
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz
CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
RAM: 8 GB DDR3

These are the specs im running right now and here is a picture of the task manager. Im not to computer savvy so dont know what I should show you.
3497adbc2b3930cbd456620e57632198.png

If you can please send over some help cheers.

Solution
Run Malwarebytes in safe mode also. Make sure it is updated and note if the scan cancels after a few seconds. You may want to try a 2nd antivirus program.

In addition to that, check to see if you have lower CPU usage in safe mode as well.

Saturnity

Reputable
Jan 11, 2017
Be careful running it with 100% for a while, its probably really hot. You might have a virus, I had one that boosted my CPU up to 100% and would not stop, I had to delete it with malwarebytes... So, get the trial version of malwarebytes and do a scan (Windows Defender doesnt do the best job)

No it does not have to worry about that, has the be quiet Dark Rock 3 cooler which can handle that cpu very easily.
Check for updates manually, it might be some updates that are downloaded and installed automatically also run malwarebytes how was suggested above.

jr9

Estimable
Run Malwarebytes in safe mode also. Make sure it is updated and note if the scan cancels after a few seconds. You may want to try a 2nd antivirus program.

In addition to that, check to see if you have lower CPU usage in safe mode as well.

Solution