Cant connect to 2 monitors over DisplayPort

Aspen Seiver

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
I have a GTX 1080TI (Driver 388.59), R7 1800X, 32GB of ram, all in an Asus Crosshair vi Hero. One monitor is a 4k monitor and the other is a 144hz monitor, I will be referring to them as such.

I've been running two monitors for quite a long time now, and just this morning the display drivers crashed as I was loading PUBG test servers. After the crash my 144hz monitor wouldn't get a signal but my 4k monitor worked fine. I figured just restart and it'd be fine, still nothing. I figured I'd test the monitor so I plugged it in through HDMI from the same computer and the monitor works fine. I swapped the DP outputs on my PC and still didn't get anything. Then I swapped the DPs and same thing. At this point I figured out that if I only had the 144hz plugged in it worked fine and if I plugged both in only the 4k worked. So then since it was right after the drivers crashed I figured I'd reinstall the drivers, still nothing. So then I downloaded the latest drivers and did a clean install... Still nothing!

I guess I could just plug the 4k in through HDMI for now, but I'd like both DPs to work again. Any idea why it'd be doing this? I know it's not the cables, the monitors, or the card so it's got to be something driver related.

Here's what the Display settings look like with both monitors connected: https://imgur.com/a/bLhB6

Aspen Seiver

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013

Just tried it. Still not working with both on DPs but with one on HDMI and one on DP it works just like before. It's so weird, I don't understand why it's doing this.