Help! Windows 10 install on new HDD failing.

seimi9

Prominent
Aug 12, 2017
Hey all,
I got a new 2TB Seagate Sata III HDD recently and i have removed my old HDD as it was causing drive errors (I dont care about the files on it).

I am prepared to install a fresh installation of windows onto my new 2TB HDD using the Windows 10 disc i originally bought some time ago. I have linked my activation with my microsoft account so thats okay.

Now my problem is;

I have only 1 HDD connected (the new one) as i removed my old one, and have my CD drive connected, I put in the windows 10 CD, entered the BIOS and restored all bios settings to default (peace of mind) and then selected the boot options to run the CD first.

When the PC starts up, the windows logo comes up and stays there for quite some time, then i get the following screen as attached.
n16IonX.jpg

I don't know what is wrong, is the HDD faulty? I have reconnected it and used different SATA cables
The HDD did show up in Disk management as 1.8TB of unallocated space when i had both HDDs installed so it IS working?

Please help me find a solution, all i want is a fresh install of windows as ive had many problems since my PC build all relating back to that windows 10 install on my 1TB drive (which i think is faulty)

Thanks