Windows is stuck in loop after restart for windows update repair

finnerkids

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017
Hi. Recently i wanted to check for updates on windows 10 and found that i had some. The updates didn't want to download having one of the 3 at 0% for hours. I installed the troubleshooter from microsoft and ran it. It said that i needed to restart my pc which i did and afterwards it was stuck to the " Getting windows ready, Don't turn off your computer" screen for 40 minutes. I hard reset the pc to try to boot it up in safe mode, it didn't work. Then i took my flash drive with the installation tool for windows from which i booted and i tried to troubleshoot my problems from there. Nothing worked. Now every time i boot up it's in that screen. What should i do?

Solution
Hello

Can you please try Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command externally from the Command Prompt when you boot using the bootable USB drive?

While using the command in the command prompt, you must add the /OFFBOOTDIR=C:\ /OFFWINDIR=C:\WINDOWS parameters so you command should look like this:

"SFC /SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=D:\ /OFFWINDIR=D:\WINDOWS" (without quotes)

If the above command fails to work, you can replace D with C.

"SFC /SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=C:\ /OFFWINDIR=C:\WINDOWS" (without quotes)

If none of the above commands resolves the issue, please get back to Command Prompt, go to the drive Windows is installed in (C:\ in Windows and D:\ from external Command Prompt), go to the...
Hello

Can you please try Running the SFC /SCANNOW Command externally from the Command Prompt when you boot using the bootable USB drive?

While using the command in the command prompt, you must add the /OFFBOOTDIR=C:\ /OFFWINDIR=C:\WINDOWS parameters so you command should look like this:

"SFC /SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=D:\ /OFFWINDIR=D:\WINDOWS" (without quotes)

If the above command fails to work, you can replace D with C.

"SFC /SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=C:\ /OFFWINDIR=C:\WINDOWS" (without quotes)

If none of the above commands resolves the issue, please get back to Command Prompt, go to the drive Windows is installed in (C:\ in Windows and D:\ from external Command Prompt), go to the Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder, delete all its contents, and then try restarting your computer.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

Solution