Can connect to local network but unable to connect to internet

shofbeavers

Reputable
Dec 14, 2017
Can connect to local network but unable to connect to internet

I am faced with a problem that I have no idea of how to solve. I have a computer that was working fine. A couple of days ago I woke it up from sleeping and for some reason I could not get on the internet. I have a local network including a NAS, printer and other computers and I could get to them fine, however no internet. It is unable to conect with a dns server. I have tried numerous methods to get this to work with no success. Things I have tried without success:
⦁ I retored the computer to a previous working condition overwriting the entire disk.
⦁ I have run numerous diagnostics.
⦁ I have tried all fixes that I could find.
⦁ I have disabled everything else on my network to see if there were any conficts
⦁ I was using the built in ethernet connection. I bought a new wireless adaptor ( a very long shot I know )
⦁ looking in the device manager the interfaces claim to be working fine
The computer is based on an ASUS amd motherboard with amd 4130 processor, 8 gig of ram and running the latest verion of Windows 10 Home.
I can't imagine what has happened, can you? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Turn off the computer. Unplug the power from your router or switch. Unplug the power from your cable or DSL modem. Wait five minutes. Plug the cable or DSL modem back in. Plug the router or switch back in.

Wait five minutes. Turn the computer back on and once you are back into the windows desktop, attempt to connect.
Turn off the computer. Unplug the power from your router or switch. Unplug the power from your cable or DSL modem. Wait five minutes. Plug the cable or DSL modem back in. Plug the router or switch back in.

Wait five minutes. Turn the computer back on and once you are back into the windows desktop, attempt to connect.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS