Windows Process Manager taking up lots of CPU

Saturnity

Reputable
Jan 11, 2017
So, I noticed recently, ill have like 5 of these open at once for some reason, they are in task manager, and sometimes one of them uses like over 70% CPU and lags my PC, ive googled it but nothing has come up, not sure if its a virus, or just something stupid implemented into windows 10. Any help would be appreciated, makes no sense why this random program jumps from 2% Cpu usage to 84. Makes my CPU run at 100% and I can not end it, ive tried going to the folder and deleting it but I dont have access even though im an admin, i even tried deleting it through the CMD prompt, but nothing would happen when I tried to delete it.

Solution
Generally you'll see that spike when Windows is installing updates... at the moment with the fall creators build rolling out ( a whole install of windows) this takes time. The only way for it to stop is to see it through to the end or stop windows from updating entirely.

What are your PC specs.

Mark RM

Admirable
Generally you'll see that spike when Windows is installing updates... at the moment with the fall creators build rolling out ( a whole install of windows) this takes time. The only way for it to stop is to see it through to the end or stop windows from updating entirely.

What are your PC specs.

Solution

Saturnity

Reputable
Jan 11, 2017

Well, problem solved, was most likely a virus, I had too many problems like memory leaks and so on, so I just reformatted my whole HDD and reinstalled windows. Thanks though.