CPU/GPU temperature monitoring software

Jamaison

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
Hey guys, I am currently using the SIV Hardware Monitor from the Gigabyte App Store. It works fine, but I am missing some key things like the usage on the CPU and GPU. Is there any other software that works as well as this, I checked NZXT CAM(doesn't show everything I want), HWMonitor, OpenHardwareMonitor(the GUI is tasteless), but none of those were to my satisfaction. Anybody knows any good Windows 10 temperature monitors? Thanks for the info - much appreciated!

Mike

Solution
i usually use MSI afterburner and click detach from the main UI. Then resize the detached window to fill my second monitor. It's nice especially since it gives you a live graph and not just a changing number

hope i helped

Jamaison

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017

The problem is I have a dual monito setup, and there is no System Tray icons on my second screen, and the gadget is a little too small compared to the SIV HM. Besides the Argus Monitor does not show the 2 custom thermometers plugged into my mobo and doesn't show the read of my PUMP6 monitor. Shame, looks like a nice program. :(

I like a combination of monitors. Speccy and HwInfo are a couple PC monitors. I use Speccy for the quick overall check. I can also click on each resource and see in-depth information for the chosen resource. It however doesn't have a a memory. That's where HwInfor shines. I can game for a few hours and HwInfo will remember the min and max temps, loads and so much other info including electrical which can be helpful if there is a suspected PSU issue. I can't see those programs inside of a game so I turn to MSI AB. MSI AB can show you so much info with its OSD. User must enable monitoring and displaying of each resource(click Gear on main window). That allows me to set up my OSD the way I want. I want to see my CPU and GPU loads and temps, system RAM and VRAM usage, core and memory clocks and my FPS. I tell MSI AB and when I get inside of Far Cry 4 I see

. I can ALT+TAB out of a game to check on temps and loads but obviously jumping out of the game makes the displayed numbers moot. With MSI AB I have an OSD that I see in real-time.
Far_Cry4_2016_11_08_22_14_29_543.jpg

MSI AB comes with Riva Tuner. With that you can further customize the OSD. Its default color and text were too small and purple. I changed it from 10 or 12 point text to something more comfortable. I don't need to be squinting at an OSD when I might be in someone else's sights. I also don't need the OSD getting in the way of my game either. That makes all the available customizations very important.

solomspd112

Commendable
Dec 28, 2016
i usually use MSI afterburner and click detach from the main UI. Then resize the detached window to fill my second monitor. It's nice especially since it gives you a live graph and not just a changing number

hope i helped

Solution

Jamaison

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017

Not really, they are named EC_TEMP1 and EC_TEMP2 on my SIV HM, and they plug in directly to my mobo. And on SIV HM they show up fine.

Jamaison

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
@aquielisunari @solomspd112 Both great answers, but i was looking for something to work on my second monitor, because the OSD distracts me in my game, believe me, I don't even run a net_graph in csgo lol

Sounds like solomspd112 detaching the monitor and placing it on the second monitor does that.

Jamaison

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
So I used the SIV HM & NZXT CAM combo, turned some features in SIV off(like CPU and PCI-16x temps, because I can't turn them off on CAM, and who need them twice, I am attaching a screenshot of how it looks like right now. Thanks guys!
7qEZBxX.png