Not sure which heading to run this under. Computer won't boot up

Big_g1976

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
I recently bought a new computer case and successfully swapped my home build over to it. Near the end of the install I realized that the front cover of the case didn't allow access for a cD drive. I went ahead and finished swapping over the parts so I had a computer to play on while I waited for Amazon to respond to my review and refund request. Well they didn't offer an exchange so I had to swap the parts back over to the old case. Now it won't boot up. It says it needs to repair the install of windows and then goes to a screen where I'm supposed to choose a language but the keyboard goes dead so I can't choose anything. I tried 3 times and got the same result. Is there anything I could have hooked up wrong that would cause these symptoms?

Solution
go into the bios do a hard reset (factory default). after you reset it make sure sata ports set tot achi mode. video card (priamny display set to peg/pci and video cable on the gpu if you have one. under boot tab make sure the right drive is the boot drive.

Geekwad

Admirable
Are you absolutely sure you plugged the SATA cable back into the same one it was initially in? All cables seated properly?

Also, if you only just occasionally use the CD drive (as most do anymore), you could just buy a USB CD/DVD burner for those few occasions.

Big_g1976

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015

I'm not 100% sure I put the drive back exactly where they came from.

Big_g1976

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015

I was considering that. I think I'll got do that right now.

go into the bios do a hard reset (factory default). after you reset it make sure sata ports set tot achi mode. video card (priamny display set to peg/pci and video cable on the gpu if you have one. under boot tab make sure the right drive is the boot drive.

Solution

Big_g1976

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015

Big_g1976

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
I cleared the cmos and I got the sane result. As far as achi mode I can't find anywhere I have control of that. Looks like a fresh install of windows is eminent. Thanks for your help peoples.