Blue screen and loud static, now computer won’t turn on

marshall26

Prominent
Dec 16, 2017
I’ve had an issue a couple times before that while playing a game my PC will randomly freeze with very loud static playing through my speakers (CR multimedia monitors), but I was able to shut my computer down and it would start up completely normal. Yesterday I was again playing a game when I got a blue screen and the same loud static. The static stopped when I turned the volume off on the speakers. At 100% error data collection my computer wasn’t automatically restarting, so I shut it down manually. When I tried to turn it back on I got fans, lights, and USB connected device lights, but no signal to monitors and no usual one beep on startup. It just sits there indefinitely without turning on.

I only got the original freezing with static error since getting the CR speakers, and I’ve only gotten this specific issue once. I’ve tried restarting countless times, and unplugging everything and replugging. Not sure what else to do now though. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Specs:
Windows 10
i7 7700k
Radeon r9 390
32gb G.Skill DDR4 RAM
Asus Strix z270 mobo
Asus Essence Stx II sound card

Solution
Could be a bad power supply, motherboard, video card. Need to start testing things. Remove the video card use onboard video, does that work. If not, reset the BIOS to defaults by unplugging the computer and taking out the CMOS battery for about 10 seconds. If that also does not work, try one RAM stick at a time. If that does not work, try removing sound card, all but one RAM stick and hard drive cables, see if that helps. Test with another power supply. Past all that may need a new motherboard to see if that helps.

If the system was overclocked that could have damaged the components.
Could be a bad power supply, motherboard, video card. Need to start testing things. Remove the video card use onboard video, does that work. If not, reset the BIOS to defaults by unplugging the computer and taking out the CMOS battery for about 10 seconds. If that also does not work, try one RAM stick at a time. If that does not work, try removing sound card, all but one RAM stick and hard drive cables, see if that helps. Test with another power supply. Past all that may need a new motherboard to see if that helps.

If the system was overclocked that could have damaged the components.

Solution