BSOD Win 10 Hal.dll . Completely lost as to what might be causing it.

absinthia

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017
I really hope some of you more tech savy people can tell me what's up, I've been getting BSOD mostly while playing games, but not just that, the last few days just when browsing websites, such as news sites, so , nothing too complicated. It worked fine for a few days this week, and now, I'm crashing constantly it feels like.

I'm hoping these screenshots can help someone help me figure it out. Appreciate all help possible.

Here's hoping I did the google drive thing correctly!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aIfQ1CCTfga_MGMe7T6BW5MKkpuB6fpa/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ju0-isk0T7dgJ__T5S3XZCJYdXCRNlOI/view?usp=sharing

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

all of your bugchecks are 0x124
you need to go into bios and update it or reset it to defaults, boot windows and remove any GPU or CPU overclock tools. if you have a older machine, blow the dust out of any fans and make sure they are spinning up. Check your PSU for proper voltages and check for overheating.

absinthia

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017
Thank you , both of you!
Colif, I will most certainly do that the next time I blue screen( which I'm expecting to be soon-ish...)

And John, I thought about it maybe being the bios that needed updated, but haven't quite dared to venture into that just yet. I have no overclock tools, the machine is on the older side, although, parts of it was replaced two years ago, the motherboard and the graphics card. I blew out the dust just the other day, and the fans are spinning up the way they're supposed to. I will check for the overheating, and have a look at the voltage, although, as far as the voltage goes, not sure why anything would have changed?

Thank you again, I really appreciate it, and I will be back with results of updates and things!

absinthia

Prominent
Dec 17, 2017
Ty, both Paul and Gardenman!

Paul, well, had it only crashed when I was playing heroes of the storm, that would be one thing, but it crashes at other times too(but yeah, quite often when I'm playing) as for Daemon tools, I don't actually run that anymore, however, I just uninstalled it anyway, might make a difference, you never know!

Gardenman, thank you for your help, I really appreciate all the feedback I can get:D

TRENDING THREADS