Best Retro Console?

Ryan_173

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
Looking for a retro game console to purchase for my brother. I didn’t realize there were so many options besides those official mini NES and SNES which I’m not really interested in with their limited amount of games.

I’m hoping to find something that’s not stupidly overpriced because of low stock, while also having a large selection of games. Portable or non-portable either works. Both would be great.

Only other thing I can add...I saw this Android tablet the JDX s7800? It’s meant to play retro games while also working as a tablet. It looks pretty cool, but a little pricey and maybe tech savvy to get games on it?

Solution
You need to decide what you want to play? You mentioned limited games, however you can load more games on the NES classic consoles if you want to.

As for the handheld you linked to... If you want to emulate consoles any tablet or phone can do that and you can use a $30 Bluetooth controller if you want.

Also keep in mind for these retro games downloading of ROMs is illegal.

Its probably easiest if you just try some of this out on your PC, retro controllers in USB form are about $10-15. This way you can try it out see if its for you.
You need to decide what you want to play? You mentioned limited games, however you can load more games on the NES classic consoles if you want to.

As for the handheld you linked to... If you want to emulate consoles any tablet or phone can do that and you can use a $30 Bluetooth controller if you want.

Also keep in mind for these retro games downloading of ROMs is illegal.

Its probably easiest if you just try some of this out on your PC, retro controllers in USB form are about $10-15. This way you can try it out see if its for you.

Solution