High latency caused by Storport.sys

omnilegion

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017
Hi all

Ive recently done a fresh install of Windows 10 and after installing all my updates and hardware drivers i noticed my audio crackling.

After some research i found out to do a latency test which ive done and received a result saying that Storport.sys is the cause of my problems. Please see screenshot below.

new upload photos

Ill be honest, i have know idea what im looking at in that latency program or even what a high latency is. Ive only known of high latency factors when using the internet for gaming lol

Ive been looking all day for a solution and tried multiple things like uninstalling and disabling different things but still nothing has stopped this problem.

So i turn to you guys in hope that someone somewhere has the answer or can guide me towards it.

Im on an ASUS H110M-A motherboard with latest BIOS installed. 12GB RAM. Intel i3-6100 CPU.

I work with audio so as you can imagine this is causing me major problems and i would really like to avoid another fresh install as i may just cause the problem again without knowing what has caused it.

Thanks for any help guys and please ask if you need any information about my computer should you need anything in particular.