BSOD after waking from sleep and when PC boots up at normal speeds.

btm82

Reputable
Jul 29, 2017
Updated windows to the latest software, installed all drivers but still after i wake it up from sleep it always blue screens after about a minute of use. Also my boot time is incredibly slow despite having an SSD and on the occasion when it does boot at a fraction of the time like it used to, after about a minute it blue screens again. The error is Driver power state failure. Again i downloaded a driver tool and they are all up to date.

Solution
generally you get that bugcheck when a device fails to respond to a wake up event.
generally, you would update the BIOS and the motherboard drivers from the motherboard vendors website.

the bios update will work around or fix bugs in the electronics of the motherboard. The driver updates will fix most of the common bugs in the drivers related to low power states.

note: some devices might have their own firmware that you have to update so they work correctly
note: make sure your USB ports are not set to sleep, some devices can not wake up if your USB ports are not waking up.

you can also go into control panel device manager and set devices not to sleep in a effort to find the device that will not wake up. Or set your system to run in high power mode until you are done with updating every thing.
Most often the device will be a wireless networking device, or any device driver written during the windows 7 time frame simply because sleep was turned off by default during windows 7. When windows 8.x turn it on by default it exposed bugs in motherboards, add on cards, drives and their drivers (windows 8 took the blame for the broken 3rd party drivers)

if all else fails you should provide the memory dump from c:\windows\minidump directory. Put it on a cloud server like Microsoft onedrive, share the file for public access and post a link.

btm82

Reputable
Jul 29, 2017

the bios is update to the latest on the website (gigabyte k7) and i disabled the sleep on all of my usb devices in the control panel. No luck. It also doesn't explain why my SSD is going so slow.

set your system to high performance mode so it does not try to sleep.
for the SSD make sure that there is plenty of free space then boot into BIOS and leave it powered for several hours.
after 5 minutes of idle it should run its firmware routines and do its garbage collection and block write leveling.
you should also run crysaldiskinfo.exe and check the firmware number so you can look up the version for known bugs.
And get a general idea of the life left in the drive.

I would also change the memory dump type to kernel and put the next memory dump on a cloud server, share it for public access and post a link so it can be looked at using the windows debugger.

btm82

Reputable
Jul 29, 2017

Yeah its a new SSD so the life on it is good and the firmware is up to date. It has small free space but before the blue screens it would not take this long to boot even with less freer space. It is on high performance mode. What is a kernel memory dump? And when do i grab it? Before or after the computer restarts from a blue screen?

lthe drive needs to have about 20% free space. new SSD have low write endurance before a block becomes read only.
(ie you might be able to write to a location 300 times before it can not be written to again. when a write fails the firmware, copies the block to a new block and marks the old one as bad. it does this as long as you have reserved blocks or free space.

the firmware can get behind on the process and slow the drive down, not having free space will slow the drive down.

you should google for instructions on how to change the dump type from a minidump to a kernel memory dump. the kernel memory dump will contain more info on your hardware.

btm82

Reputable
Jul 29, 2017

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x9rypczdx9cpces/121917-302093...
here is the dump file

looks like the old debugger version still works for me.
the bugcheck was in your UsbHub3.sys
most likely from some bug in it or your WinTV driver
\SystemRoot\system32\drivers\hcwE5bda.sys Thu Aug 4 10:20:16 2016

you might see if you can get a driver update for your usb ports, remove the old usb drivers listed below.

you might put old devices onto a USB 2 port so you do not get a crash in the usb 3 drivers.
any of the old usb drivers can mess up the ports and cause them to not respond.
(for example, a old Logitech driver might respond to a USB packet that it does not own, this can cause the real device to never see the packet, then after a timeout period you would get a bugcheck )
usb 3 reports 3 devices
your WinTV device, then 2 devices that are not getting there packets.

I would guess it is just a bug in the WinTV driver. I would go into device manager and make sure the USB hub never goes to sleep and the device is set not to sleep. Then look for driver updates.

remove your hack program
C:\Program Files\Haste\Haste Esports Accelerator\WinDivert64.sys
it hack network packets

- I would find out why your windows defender updates are being blocked

check to see if you really need this driver:
C:\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Advanced SystemCare\drivers\Monitor_win10_x64.sys Tue Nov 22 21:21:28 2016

see if you can update your Logitech camera driverL
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\lvrs64.sys Mon Oct 22 19:11:24 2012
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\lvuvc64.sys Mon Oct 22 19:12:08 2012

remove or update
Gigabyte Easy Saver - mobo power utility driver
C:\Windows\gdrv.sys Wed Jul 3 21:27:55 2013

I would remove this USB charger driver if you don't charge Apple devices on your usb ports
\SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\AppleCharger.sys Sun Oct 27 18:59:21 2013

the debugger was having problems reading symbols, will try again in a hour or so

btm82

Reputable
Jul 29, 2017

Okay so i think i got it. Apparently for whatever reason the Creative soundblaster mb5 driver completely failed without me knowing. idek why or how it failed but it got corrupted somehow. Had to uninstall my realtek driver then reinstall my creative driver in that order. My mobo was a gigabyte k7 which had the onboard creative sound on it. Haven't blue screened since and my boot times are as quick as they were.

Solution