New motherboard and graphics card. Monitor not working.

tavl

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017
Hello!

I have bought a new graphics card and motherboard. I've installed everything and it works but my monitor isnt working. I have dual monitors, one connected via hdmi and the other is dvi. My specs are: asus b150 motherboard pro gaming d3, geforce 1080, intel i7 processor.

The instructions manual said i should install a dvd that supports the motherboard, however i did not get a dvd for installation, plus if i did, my tower doesnt support any dvds. I dont know if this is one of the problems why my monitors are not working.

Help would be appreciated!

tavl

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017

Hello! I have noticed that there the right led light is shining near my drams and i'm guessing there is a problem with them. Is there any solutions to this? I've heard that people had taken out their 'reset' pins and it worked, but not for me.

tavl

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017

I have only 2. I tried repositioning them, still doesnt work. I tried only using 1, still no result. I live chatted with customer services in asus and they showed me of which type of memory is compatible with. I gave them my part number of my memory and apparently, mine is incompatible.

I even told my problem to two of my friends and they also agree that it is a memory problem.

I bought new rans, so i hope it will work and no money is wasted :(

tavl

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017

I've tried mostly everything.I took out the motherboard and resting it in a box and putting back all the components and tried to boot it with and without the graphics card. I've read the manual over and over again making sure that the wires are in the right position and re positioning my rams, yet the red light is still on.

I'm assuming that it's actually a memory problem having that the light is above 'dram_led' and I've asked a few of my friends and customer service in Asus.

mcarmi

Prominent
Dec 15, 2017

Keep the GPU and RAM out of the computer for like an hour and let it cool down if after it is still the same thing then it is your RAM or a port in your GPU so try using a different port if u have have one

tavl

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017

Hello! I had done what you said but same result. My new memory rams have arrived and still same result. I completely have no idea what to do now - out of frustration. I've followed a lot of tutorials and instructions but nothing is happening and the 'dram_led' light is still on. I still dont have any video output and can't update my BIOS. Or is there a way that I could try?
:/