New build, USB, graphics card and RAM issues?

denniskuz

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2014
Before I get started here are the main components:

i7 7700k
Asus Z270F Mobo
Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8gb 1.35V (CMK16GX4M2D3200C16)
Gigabyte GTX 660ti
Win 7 64 bit

So, put all pieces together, let it post, success, turned it off, then put it into my case. So when I let the OS boot and instantly the screen looked 360p and my mouse was huge etc. The mouse, nor keyboard worked. Tried to reboot, and same issue. Tried in safe mode, nothing. Tried again by turning it off, disconnecting all power sources, waited a minute, same issue, but this time the GPU didn't have any connection? So I did it again and it worked this time? Went into BIOS, where my keyboard and mouse work fine, and turned on the PS2 emulation which allowed them to work in the OS. Tested all USB 2.0 and 3.0 slots with a usb drive, none worked. Since I have managed to use the mouse and keyboard I updated the USB 3.0 drivers, can't update the BIOS since I cant use a USB drive (but I do think i'm running the latest version, I will check once I post this), I have updated Utilities, Chipset, SATA, LAN. Nothing fixed it any of the issues. I updated the GPU driver which has fixed the 360p screen, so it's now 1080p, I think it's fine but I have no idea since I can't test it in these conditions.

I tried to install the ASUS Me update tool thing, apparently there was some sort of security issue so they brought out a new update. However that didn't work? It got to 99% in a few minutes and then I just left it run overnight with my win 7 updates, woke up with win 7 updates done and it still stuck at 99%. I just restarted and haven't bothered with it again.

I have not updated the Audio driver yet, however will do so now. I updated Windows which actually had 463mb of updates to do, but sadly, to no avail.

So i'm a bit stuck, no USB drives work, it only detects 4gb (in task manager) yet I have two 8gb sticks so at least 1 stick should work? Also I've noticed the RAM runs at 2133mhz, but I'm guessing as I'd just need to OC them when all this works? But I think the GPU issue is fixed?

Any help would be gratefully received!

I'm not sure if this RAM is now compatible as on the corsair website it says its for Intel 100 series? Is that an issue?

https://imgur.com/zA1jVey

https://imgur.com/onVqDzJ

Update** so I installed a tails OS on a USB stick and tried the mouse and keyboard which seemed to work fine, I did have the emulator on from bios however it didn't "act" like a PS2 mouse, it was smooth etc.

The audio driver didn't do anything, and I forgot to mention that audio never worked either.

Other mouse didn't work.

CMOS reset and that didn't work.