The 3.5mm audio isnt working in the back of my monitor

Benc12

Notable
Jul 12, 2017
So here is my monitor ASUS VS248HR 24 inch Gaming Monitor (1 ms, 1920 x 1080, HDMI, DVI-D, VGA, 250 cd/m2) - Black I have two of these, of which im having the same problem on both.

So i know the 3.5mm jacks worked before when i used to plug my headset into them. But now i need to use the 3.5mm for a set of speakers. When plugging in the speakers i notice no sound what so ever is coming through the speakers but ive plugged my speakers into my phone into my xbox pad all work normal can hear, but plug them into my monitor no sound, so obviously this is a monitor issue but i dont know what i can do to change it. any help would be appreciated

Benc12

Notable
Jul 12, 2017

yes and the main reason im using the speakers is wanting xbox sound to come through the monitor, so i read that unplug the hdmi connection to the pc which might solve the problem, but it didnt

Benc12

Notable
Jul 12, 2017

okay from you asking that question ive solved it, this might seem silly im aware. But i only have 1 hdmi slot in my monitor (which i was using for my pc) and i had a dvi-hdmi adapter which i had my xbox in, so obviously the hdmi couldnt carry the sound through a dvi cable

Benc12

Notable
Jul 12, 2017

its not a problem i use my other monitor for gaming on pc so im happy glad i sorted it thanks for your help