Distinguished
Feb 20, 2013
Hi All, I currently have an

Asus X79 Deluxe mobo
i7-4930K cpu
ATI Radeon HD v7800 video card
Dell U3011 monitor
48 GB of RAM

I want to upgrade my monitor, which I find limiting when multitasking with multiple windows open. I do work, bookkeeping, some stock market/crypto trading, gaming (mostly BattleFront), Television (via SiliconDust tuner) and I find myself constantly resizing windows to try to get everything to fit (which it doesn't). So I am eyeballing the Dell 43" P4317Q or LG 43UD79-B...both look near identical in specs, just wondering if one monitor is better than the other. I know LG has freesync, but heard it doesnt make a difference due to low refresh rate.

Also, is a EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid Gaming video card a good solution for these monitors as well? I like water cooling as I cant stand fan noise. And given the low refresh rate on the LG monitor, I'm thinking utilizing the FreeSync feature isn't that critical or noticeable.

Lastly, I'm assuming 43" monitors will give me better screen real estate than the 38" curved/wide monitors Dell and LG also have available. Or should I look at 38" monitors for the wide display?