Stock cooler or aftermarket for Ryzen 1400

Dec 19, 2017
I have a Ryzen 1400 and plan on overclocking to as much as 4 ghz. Will the stock wraith stealth cooler be fine or should I get a cool aftermarket cooler?

Solution
The Stealth is the "basic" cooler, with the Spire & Max provided with higher tier chips.

That being said, the Stealth is included with the R3's too, and they're sufficient (if a bit louder than some aftermarket offerings) for some decent overclocks.

4GHz on a R5 1400 may be a bit of a stretch, regardless of voltage & cooling. 3.9GHz seems to be the upper end (generally).

You'll already have the Stealth cooler. I'd try it out first and if you can get your 3.9-4GHz OC stable, but temps aren't looking great (or it's too noisy); only then would I look to upgrade to an aftermarket.,

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
The Stealth is the "basic" cooler, with the Spire & Max provided with higher tier chips.

That being said, the Stealth is included with the R3's too, and they're sufficient (if a bit louder than some aftermarket offerings) for some decent overclocks.

4GHz on a R5 1400 may be a bit of a stretch, regardless of voltage & cooling. 3.9GHz seems to be the upper end (generally).

You'll already have the Stealth cooler. I'd try it out first and if you can get your 3.9-4GHz OC stable, but temps aren't looking great (or it's too noisy); only then would I look to upgrade to an aftermarket.,

Solution

TRENDING THREADS