PC - Black screen after booting - Windows 10

needpchelp

Prominent
Dec 19, 2017
Hello,

I've been using my pc for about one year now and it was working fine till yesterday. I get a black screen after booting. I have tried unplugging everything and trying over but it did not help. Monitor also works fine. A few days ago I also experienced problems while gaming, it did not matter whether it was Dark Souls 3 or Runescape (which should run very easily on my pc), vertical stripes appeared on monitor every few seconds and games freezed and crashed often (only while playing games). Don't know whether it has anything to do with my pc not working now though. So the only thing I can actually acces is the inside of my computer and the BIOS. Is there anything that I should change in the BIOS? Can I enter safe mode through BIOS? I'd like to try to uninstall GPU drivers and see if that helps anything. Here are the specs of my PC:

- Cooler Master GM Series - 650W
- Gigabyte GA-B150M-D3H
- 8GB RAM DDR4-2400
- Intel Core I5-6500
- R9 270X 4G
- Windows 10

I Any help is appreciated, no clue what to do.

needpchelp

Prominent
Dec 19, 2017
I removed my GPU and that did not entirely solve the problem but changed some things. Now when I turn my pc on it says ''Preparing...'' (under the Gigabyte booting screen). Yesterday (when I could still access my PC) I tried to reinstall Windows so sometimes a windows download appears on the screen at 64% but after a second it goes back to the ''preparing...'' part. I waited 5 minutes but I am guessing it is an infinite loop as the windows download was not making any progress. What now?

TRENDING THREADS