How do I disable "Mega Wants to: Store Files on this Device"

snoopshibe

Prominent
Sep 9, 2017
I just then went onto MEGA and this showed up:
Mega Wants to: Store Files on this Device
I accidentally clicked yes, how do I disable it? Thanks.

Solution
basically it's normal for a download from Mega
Cut and paste from Superuser to save me from typing a whole pile of stuff
https://superuser.com/questions/1190803/website-wants-to-store-files-on-this-device-chrome

The message you are seeing pertains to FileSystem API. As websites are becoming web apps, it is becoming necessary for them to act like actual apps. One such behavior is storing large data and settings files on your computer and access them freely, reading, writing and changing them as opposed to a simple one-off download for you. That's why FileSystem API is invented.

In case of Mega.co.nz, it downloads an encrypted copy of file to the local storage, decrypts it and then lets you have the decrypted file in your Downloads...

Mark RM

Admirable
basically it's normal for a download from Mega
Cut and paste from Superuser to save me from typing a whole pile of stuff
https://superuser.com/questions/1190803/website-wants-to-store-files-on-this-device-chrome

The message you are seeing pertains to FileSystem API. As websites are becoming web apps, it is becoming necessary for them to act like actual apps. One such behavior is storing large data and settings files on your computer and access them freely, reading, writing and changing them as opposed to a simple one-off download for you. That's why FileSystem API is invented.

In case of Mega.co.nz, it downloads an encrypted copy of file to the local storage, decrypts it and then lets you have the decrypted file in your Downloads folder.

Now, the purpose of this permission request: Would you want a web app that you don't even know – let alone trust – steal hundreds of megabytes of your hard disk? No? Well, that's what this permission request is for. (Chrome has a cap for the allotted space too, but one person might visit hundreds of domains each day. Thus, the impact would still be significant.)

Solution