Destination Folder Access Denied when copying a specific file to a specific folder

jpf_warblade

Prominent
Dec 19, 2017
This happened to me just recently as I downloaded a plugin update (RageHook) for Grand Theft Auto V. I extracted all contents to the main folder of my GTA V but it ends up showing a "You need to provide administrator permission to move to this folder". I click continue and get "You need permission to perform this action". Some files were successfully copied and I was able to pinpoint the file causing the error by extracting each file in the archive to the game folder one by one. The specific file that couldn't be extracted to the folder is RAGEPluginHook.exe. Oddly enough, the file can be extracted elsewhere without any issues.

I found that it specifically can't be extracted to my GTA V directory (G:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V)
I deleted the game folder and created an empty folder in the same place with the name Grand Theft Auto V and weirdly enough, the file still can't be copied into it. My technical knowledge isn't that deep regarding this and I'm nearly at my wits end trying to solve this... any help is greatly appreciated!

Steps I've taken so far without success:
*Taking ownership of the folder (Using my PC username, Administrator, Administrators, Everyone)
*Turning off UAC
*Extracting the file elsewhere, unblocking it, then copy-pasting/cut-pasting it to the game folder
*Creating a backup of my GTA V folder elsewhere, deleting the original folder, pasting the backup folder and copying the exe there