Asrock g41c-gs and Intel Core 2 Duo E6550!

meppips

Reputable
Dec 19, 2017
Help, i'm noob!

Can i run windows 10 on my Asrock G41C-GS and Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 with 8gb of Ram?
I'm afraid to upgrade to Windows 10 because i don't know if my system is compatible or not.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Asrock does not have Windows 10 drivers for that motherboard (nor Windows 8 for that matter) so it is unlikely it will work right away without some messing with and you may never get it working perfectly. Since you are a noob you may not have much fun if you install Windows 10 and then find some stuff doesn't work and you will spend a bunch of time figuring out if you can even get it working.

Someone on here may have done it on that board and can offer more targeted advice.

BadAsAl

Distinguished
Asrock does not have Windows 10 drivers for that motherboard (nor Windows 8 for that matter) so it is unlikely it will work right away without some messing with and you may never get it working perfectly. Since you are a noob you may not have much fun if you install Windows 10 and then find some stuff doesn't work and you will spend a bunch of time figuring out if you can even get it working.

Someone on here may have done it on that board and can offer more targeted advice.

Solution

meppips

Reputable
Dec 19, 2017

i did install windows 10 but i downgraded it already, because it causes my computer to hang.