I cant get my mic to work

Truman_2

Prominent
Jul 28, 2017
I have recently built my new gaming pc and I am getting everything set up but, I cannot get my Mic 96k to work. I have the sound working and I can hear but I cannot talk and play games with any of my friends. I have all of the mic drivers installed and it is selected as the recording device but it still does not work. I would really appreciate it if someone could help me. :)

Truman_2

Prominent
Jul 28, 2017

It says it is connected and working but it is not picking up sound

Truman_2

Prominent
Jul 28, 2017

I updated the firmware and rebooted but now I cant find the mic in sound

Interesting... Well from what I can tell it looks like that product was native to Apple and only some what recently added support for Windows. According to this article it looks like it actually uses a 3rd party driver and not a native one.

https://www.gearnews.com/apogee-add-windows-support-mic-96k/

On further searching, I found a driver that might work with your device on Windows.

http://www.asio4all.com/

That site also shows there was an issue with the original drivers due to the creators update.

Try to see if that drive works for you.

Truman_2

Prominent
Jul 28, 2017

I fpund the asio software but the mic is still not showing up, I had it showing before

Truman_2

Prominent
Jul 28, 2017

I downloaded what you linked but now the microphone is not showing up in device manager

Open device manager and then unplug the mic and plug it back in. You should see it populate in device manager or at the very least a ding sound when the device gets connected.

If you hear the sound but dont see if in device manager, it possible you are looking under the wrong category in device manager. It may have moved it to another category.

When you find it in device manager. You can right click on it and hit uninstall. If it gives you an option to "uninstall drivers" check box, hit yes and then try unplugging the mic and plugging it back in and do a windows update check. It should automatically reinstall default drivers.

Truman_2

Prominent
Jul 28, 2017

The mic is now showing up in sounds and it is selected as the default device, it says it is working properly but it is not picking up sound

Truman_2

Prominent
Jul 28, 2017

it is showing up in the asio software and I have it selected, but it is connected through usb

Truman_2

Prominent
Jul 28, 2017

I am using an Asus z-370g motherboard, I checked the asus website and the motherboard has these usb prots:

Intel® Z370 Chipset : *3
6 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (4 at back panel, blue, 2 at mid-board)
Intel® Z370 Chipset : *3
6 x USB 2.0 port(s)
ASMedia® USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller : *3
2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s) (2 at back panel, red, Type-A)

Truman_2

Prominent
Jul 28, 2017

I have tried every usb port and restarted every time before using a new one, I have no idea what to do