PC Restarting With Normal Use;Not While Gaming

Max13456

Reputable
Jul 28, 2017
Hello All!
I recently upgraded to ryzen and have experienced relatively few issues upon doing so, other than reintalling windows. I did however notice an issue with my new upgraded build, that being normal usage such as browsing through chrome and using word leads to my computer being restarted at random! The kicker is, this doesnt happen while gaming! I can play games from steam for any amount of hours without the pc restarting but as soon as i close it, it restarts again! If i leave the pc alone for a few hours i can go maybe 20 minutes browsing chrome/the desktop until its restarted. Any lead to how i can fix this would be much appreciated, because it surely has me stumped!
Specs:
ASRock AB-350M Pro 4 Mobo
Ryzen 1600x @ 3.8gHz
Hyper T4 Cpu Cooler
XFX RX 480 GPU
WD 1tb HDD

Solution
Hello Max13456

Even though the PC works fine while playing games, it would still be a good idea to check for and update graphics drivers and install any updates for Windows.

In addition to that, please try the following:

> Right-click Start.

> Go to Device Manager.

> Expand Network adapters.

> Right-click your NIC and go to Properties.

> Go to the Power Management tab.

> Uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power checkbox.

> Click OK and see if the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!! :)
Hello Max13456

Even though the PC works fine while playing games, it would still be a good idea to check for and update graphics drivers and install any updates for Windows.

In addition to that, please try the following:

> Right-click Start.

> Go to Device Manager.

> Expand Network adapters.

> Right-click your NIC and go to Properties.

> Go to the Power Management tab.

> Uncheck the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power checkbox.

> Click OK and see if the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!! :)

Solution