Trying Dual Monitor in Integrated GPU and PCIe GPU

Glenn_37

Prominent
May 21, 2017
So i tried to follow what is shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Loa-ERZfmZU
But it did not work... Should i first uninstall everything like my PCIe GPU Driver and integrated gpu driver? I don't deeply understand english but can someone explain in a simple way.. I use DVI to my GPU to my first monitor and I tried to use VGA to my second monitor from the Integrated GPU which is the VGA port is in the motherboard ports... I tried enabling the Integrated Graphics Card option on the BIOS but the second monitor is not giving signs that it works.. just black.. thanks in advance..

My integrated is R7
My GPU is GTX 950

Solution
Unfortunately you cannot use the integrated GPU at the same time as the PCIe GPU - - it has be one or the other as should be obvious from the GPU options in the BIOS settings.

The reason it has to work this way is to prevent driver & resource conflicts between the two GPUs, if that were to happen, neither GPU would work.

So you have to plug both your monitors in to the GTX 950 (it supports up to four monitors).

Unfortunately you cannot use the integrated GPU at the same time as the PCIe GPU - - it has be one or the other as should be obvious from the GPU options in the BIOS settings.

The reason it has to work this way is to prevent driver & resource conflicts between the two GPUs, if that were to happen, neither GPU would work.

So you have to plug both your monitors in to the GTX 950 (it supports up to four monitors).

Solution

Glenn_37

Prominent
May 21, 2017

Thank's figured it out after the day this topic was posted... Absolutely just like what you've said bought new monitor and dvi adapter.