Which 144hz monitor should I buy?

Solution

HDMI is limited to 60 Hz on most monitors (the XG2401 is one of the rare exceptions).

VA is a type of LCD panel which will have better color, viewing angles, and black levels...

Generally I recommend against the GN246HL due to the lack of DisplayPort input.

Between the MSI and ViewSonic, the MSI is better but also more expensive, so it's up to you whether the VA panel is worth it or not, and whether a curved panel bothers you.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
What graphics card do you have Tanoxil?

Dvi duallink can do 144hz @ 1080p where hdmi cannot. Displayport is another connection similar looking to hdmi allowing for higher resolutions at higher refresh rates and is the recommended connection type today a head of hdmi 2.

So best recommended monitor will depend what video outputs your graphics card has

Tanoxil

Reputable
Jan 27, 2017

I have the EVGA GTX 1050 (I know not the best video card for 144hz but I think cs:go and rocket league will be fine) so it's 1 x Dual-Link DVI-D 1 x HDMI 2.0b 1 x DisplayPort 1.4

HDMI is limited to 60 Hz on most monitors (the XG2401 is one of the rare exceptions).

VA is a type of LCD panel which will have better color, viewing angles, and black levels than a typical TN panel that most 144 Hz monitors use. However it may have somewhat more motion blur.

I don't usually recommend the VG248QE or XL2411Z for the same reasons, the XL2411Z lacks DisplayPort and doesn't support 144 Hz over HDMI either, and the VG248QE is quite outdated and not a good value compared to similar priced monitors like the XG2401 or even the cheaper G2460PF.

Solution