Whea uncorrectable error

Elisaeus

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015
i am getting the silly blue screen of death
it started happening when i got a fresh install and
only when i launch a game btw this is not a new pc
so it was running fine before the install my guess its
a driver conflict of sorts but iam not sure i did reset the pc and didnt install any extra drivers

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can you follow option one here
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c windows/minidump after your next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone with right software to read them will help you fix it :)

What is the parts list of the PC? What motherboard do you have? Might need to update BIOS

WHEA = Windows Hardware Error Architecture. Its an error called by CPU but not necessarily caused by it.

Can be caused by over clocking software so remove MSI Afterburner if installed
If motherboard is from Asus, remove AI Suite
Can be caused by over heating so clean fans and heatsinks of dust

Elisaeus

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015
iam not sure if i done it right cause theres only one dmp file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zafbw0hlvreidek/122317-14031-01.dmp?dl=0

specs are windows 10 enterprise
gpu :titan x
cpu:i7-7820x
rmobo: rog strix x299-e gaming
psu:AX1200i

i dont think i have the AI suite since its not showing on taskmanager and i cant find the after burner

one thing to mention it lasted way longer before the blue screen when i had both covers of the case removed so i suspect heating issues somewhere

also worth mentioning i vant boot from a cd it just give me the i/o encountered a problem

Colif

Win 11 Master

its an error caused by the debugger not liking how win 10 handles memory now. Its not THE problem, just a distraction

Do you have a creative sound card? some of its files are from 2009, i wonder if there are newer drivers? it would be unusual if it is cause.

Have you cleaned out case recently? Since running without sides off helps it could be a heat issue. What type of cooling are you using? water or Air?

Try running this: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/19792/Intel-Processor-Diagnostic-Tool

Elisaeus

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015

yeah iam using a sound card i got the drivers from the site it before it still gave me the blue screen i can check again is there something to see what needs drivers and such

i think the other one is the case itself sound output
i already ran the intel digonstic tool says it pass tried to check the windows memory says no problems as for the heating i doubt it i tested it with HWMonitor it was running at around 20 or so celsius idle and around 30-40 Celsius when its underload runing less demanding games or generally doing stuff dont seem to be an issue

Elisaeus

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015

uhhh how do i use this file ? is it update bios from the bios menu and select directory ?
cause i already updated my bios via internet connection beforehand