Applications Lose Responsiveness, Need Minimizing + Re-Opening to Respond Again

Capt_Banana

Prominent
Jul 2, 2017
I'm having a problem with Windows 10 where applications will show up on the screen(s), but I am unable to interact with them until I minimize them to the taskbar and re-open them again.
Happens pretty frequently with Spotify, but Steam and Chrome have also displayed the same behavior.
If it isn't some stupid fix I'll probably do a clean install, but I'd rather not given the amount of programs I'd have to transfer back over.

I tried uninstalling anything that wasn't needed, but it doesn't seem to have done much good.
I had thought it was a context menu issue, but the problem persisted.

Gonna consider this forum dead, two questions in a row without so much as a shot in the dark as to troubleshooting.

studmoose

Prominent
Feb 27, 2017
I get this on a work Thinkpad, especially when Application A starts Window B. If I close out Application A, while the spawned Window B is still open, I can't restart Application A until I kill Window B via Task Manager. Window B gets compromised and often won't work. I wonder if you just keep your Task Manager active, if that will temporarily resolve the issue. It seems that WIN10 loses its locus to the window, and minimizing it resets things.