Windows falls while moving Documents folder location

Aurelian

Commendable
Feb 5, 2017
Hi everybody,

I've have an encrypted (VeraCrypt) file container in which my Documents folder has been located. A few days ago I wanted to move it back outside the container, during which windows failed, giving me a bluescreen with a stop code "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR". Since that, every time I turn on the computer it crashes somewhere between windows login screen and a few seconds after login, giving the same error code or just a black screen.

What can cause this error? Makes little sense to me as windows has had no problem booting previously when the whole documents folder has been on an unmounted virtual drive.

Can I fix this on cmd ,or somehow without reinstalling windows?

I prefer not to reinstall because the drive I'd reinstall it on would have to be formatted due to full drive encryption, and I would need to make the effort and investment of buying some accessories to be able to connect it to my laptop to save the data.

Attempted:
- System Restore: "To use System Restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system and then select System Restore."
- "Windows cannot find a system image on this computer" (doesn't detect the iso file of windows on a stick)
- Going back to previous build: "...ran into a problem"

To my understanding the full disk encryption should not affect this as it is decrypted in the VeraCrypt Boot Loader before entering the troubleshooting - right?

Thanks in advance!

Aurelian

Commendable
Feb 5, 2017

The PSU is a few months old Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 550W, so seems unlikely. Is there a way to test this without another component?

Aurelian

Commendable
Feb 5, 2017

TRENDING THREADS