Blue screen error followed by instant power loss when running 3 monitors on a R9 390X

Wiserat

Reputable
Oct 7, 2016
My current setup is an R9 390X with the lateset Radeon Settings Adrenaline drivers installed. My computer build is Z170A SLI with an i5 6600k clocked at 4.10GHz. I have an EVGA 1000 Watt PSU because I originally had two R9 380s in Crossfire, but sold them. Also 8 GBs of DDR4 Ripjaws.

Originally I had only two monitors which I "enabled clone" for my wife to watch me play games while she relaxed and did whatever. Both monitors are plugged into separate dvi slots on my gpu. I bought recent a hdmi to dvi cord that I installed a 3rd monitor to using the hdmi port in the gpu.

With this setup, I can duplicate my two original monitors and run my 3rd monitor as an extension for discord, Relive, or anything similar. However, as soon as I start a game Windows 10 throws a blue screen error :( code and then immediately shuts off the power supply before I can take a picture of the blue screen. If I unplug the 3rd monitor everything runs fine. Any ideas for why I can't use a third monitor?

Wiserat

Reputable
Oct 7, 2016

Yes. I attempted it before installing Adrenaline, and I attempted using DDU in safe mode an hour ago. Still same results. Interesting fact: This doesn't happen with windowed, overlay, or borderless window applications. I only run into problems with fullscreen applications.

Wiserat

Reputable
Oct 7, 2016

Two separate "vga" power cables. It's a modular Supernova so I've got an 8pin and 6pin (8pin with detachable 2pin if that matters) plugged into my GPU. No daisy chaining.

Wiserat

Reputable
Oct 7, 2016

I was afraid it would come down to that. It basically means choosing between a 3rd monitor or having a working version of Relive. I choose Relive as the new overlay is amazing, so back to the closet my monitor will go.

Mark RM

Admirable
Yeah sorry about that, but all is not lost, the last rev of Adrenaline they fixed the direct draw stutter on all cards 7700 hundred series and up, so there's hope, lots of it.

Make sure you report the problem as accurately as you have here and it will hit the bug tracker list and get fixed; that's a supported card.