Can I run 3 monitors with my PC?

luuvalko

Prominent
Dec 26, 2017
Hey, I was just wondering if I'm able to run 3 monitors at the same time with my PC, as I got a new 144Hz monitor for christmas gift. The other two are simple ~100€ 60Hz monitors, which would be going to the sides.

So the plan is NOT to play some triple monitor setup while gaming. I would be just using my main monitor (the new 144Hz benq zowie xl2411) for gaming. Just having something like websites open on the other 2, something like youtube for music and discord. And having twitch chat on one while I'm streaming.

So my specs:
gtx 970,
i5-6600k CPU @ 3.50 GHz,
16Gt ram,
Seasonic 620W M12II-620 Evolution power supply.

If you would need more information let me know. But once more, the plan is to game only on the one main monitor and use the other 2 for other misc. Stuff. So will I be just fine, or should I just go with 2 monitors and not risk it?

Thanks you a lot in advance!

Solution
Yes you can, but you need to connect some monitor(s) with dvi and displayport because your graphics card only has 1xdp 1xhdmi 1xdvi-d 1xdvi-d.

EDIT:
You can always plug the other one or the both side monitors to your integrated graphics like I have done.

CeramicTilePudding69

Commendable
Dec 10, 2016
Yes you can, but you need to connect some monitor(s) with dvi and displayport because your graphics card only has 1xdp 1xhdmi 1xdvi-d 1xdvi-d.

EDIT:
You can always plug the other one or the both side monitors to your integrated graphics like I have done.

Solution

Just be aware that's often not possible as it depends on whether or not the motherboard BIOS supports simultaneous use of integrated + PCIe graphics processors.