Help deciding second monitor

maemoonha

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017
Hey all, I wanted your opinion on what specs my to-be second monitor should have, it will NOT be used for gaming but rather youtube-surfing/discord/graphs of stocks while I am playing games on my main monitor . (BTW plan on using a dual monitor stand)

my main monitor is a Dell S2716DG which is 27" 144hz/1440p/1ms TN monitor, so with that being said here's my few questions:

1) Im pretty sure there's no need to have my second monitor be 1440p and 144hz, am I correct in believing that a 1080p 60hz will literally be the same since I will not use the second monitor for gaming?

2) Will getting different hz/resolution make it weird staring at both screens when I am using both of them to watch youtube videos/surf the internet (or other low-demanding activities?

3) Since I will be primarily centered on staring at the main monitor, that means I will be staring at the second scree at an angle, which is something that TN screens suffer with, whereas IPS screens are better when staring off-center?

4) Lastly, would I regret it if my second monitor is a 24" monitor, as opposed to matching it with the main 27" monitor? I just dont see myself needing a full 27" display as my secondary monitor, but I
feel like my OCD would kick in and regret it if the two monitors arent matching

cheers!