First Time Post - PreBuilt too weak?

tisbury

Commendable
Dec 27, 2017
Hello all, first time posting so please be gentle.

I recently picked this up from someone who got it for Black Friday. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-ultra-desktop-amd-ryzen-5-1400-8gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-580-1tb-hard-drive-black/5833100.p?skuId=5833100. It's a CyberPower prebuilt with an MSI Armor RX 580 4gb installed. I have found out the following through research, the box is still unopened:

Case: Phanteks P400
MoBo: Asus b350M Prime Plus
GPU: RX 580 4gb
CPU: Ryzen 5 1400
RAM: 8gb (not sure which brand)
HD: 1TB 7200rpm, (not sure which brand)
Windows 10

Now, I have two laptops that I use for my personal daily use. I will only be using this for World of Warcraft. That's it. No other game, at all. I mainly do solo content or Mythic+, but I have been playing since the very beginning of vanilla and have never played with max settings. I'm thinking the GPU won't be able to handle max settings due to texture loss (read that somewhere...), so I'm wondering if I need to find an 8gb card for max settings.
Also, Should I have an SSD for Windows and WoW? Since I'll only be using this for WoW, I wouldn't imagine it needing to be that large of an SSD.
Should I upgrade the RAM to 16gb?

Any other thoughts?
Thanks so much for your time. -T-

ps: I would have built one myself, but I got this for $580 which I considered a pretty solid deal.
pps: I have a new HP Omen monitor with FreeSync so need to stay away from the nVidia cards.

I don't think this is too weak for WoW. If anything it might be a little overkill. The 580 even 4 GB should handle WoW without a problem. Nope, this is a fine gaming system and you should be mostly happy no matter what you play on it.

As for an SSD, if you are only playing WoW then any 256GB should be more than enough and pretty reasonably priced. For RAM upgrade, 8GB would play WoW without a problem. If you plan on going tab crazy on Chrome, you'll probably want the 16GB. Otherwise 8 is fine

Wow is a game that is cpu bound since it only uses 2 cores. A rx 580 is way more than needed to run that games at max. The game will just have low fps due to cpu overhead.

tisbury

Commendable
Dec 27, 2017

So are you saying the only thing I should be concerned about upgrading would be the cpu? I definitely don't want low fps...
Is the Ryzen 1400 going to be an issue?
My main goal here is to run as close to max as possible. View Distance, Shadow Quality, Environment Detail, SSAO, etc etc. I feel like I've been playing this game for so long and have been missing out on a lot of the beauty.

A ryzen 1400 is more than enough for wow there will be problems when a lot of stuff is happening on screen which even the best pc's have problems with.