Boot strange problem

amecurty

Commendable
Apr 6, 2016
Hi!

I would love if someone could explain me what in the world could be the reason for a strange issue I've encountered today.

So basically i did a clean install of windows last weekend and everything worked great till today.
Just after lunch I turned on my desktop and just went on with my daily routine (web browsing, music and that kind of thing), then I shut it down perfectly normal.

A few minutes ago.. I turned it back on and it displayed an error message:
"Windows failed to start.. recent hardware or software change..
Insert windows installation disk and restart and click repair etc..
0xc000000f
Boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible"

Just out of the blue.. really.

I immediately went to the boot section of my bios and strangely my ssd was no longer there.
BUT.. instead of going through the bios using the del key, if I just go directly to the boot options by pressing f11, the ssd is there. I selected it and windows just booted and everything seemed normal.

So I decided to restart the pc to see if the issue was magically corrected.. and it stayed at the "Restarting" screen for quite some time that I decided to just use the power button to shut if off. But the error still appeared after turning it on. I had to use the F11 key again in order to get to desktop.

I really don't know what might be the problem.. to me.. it came out of nowhere.
Really confused here.

Can someone please help understand this?

Solution
I can not explain what happened but it just happened to me on my Windows 10 system over the Christmas weekend. I fixed by following these directions.

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/32523/how-to-manually-repair-windows-7-boot-loader-problems/
I can not explain what happened but it just happened to me on my Windows 10 system over the Christmas weekend. I fixed by following these directions.

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/32523/how-to-manually-repair-windows-7-boot-loader-problems/

Solution

amecurty

Commendable
Apr 6, 2016

Oh really? Could it have been some windows update? It's "kinda nice" seeing that I am not the only one that has experienced this.
I'm gonna follow those guidelines to see if it fixes. I'll be sure to give some feedback later.
Thank you for this!