PC rig with upgrade path

bbad6394

Prominent
Oct 3, 2017
Hey everyone sorry if there's a better thread to do this but just got into the world of pc gaming. Gaming on an extremely old rig but trying to upgrade as I go and get a more powerful rig as I go along.

Currently rocking:
A10 6700 APU
Mobo: MSI 2ae0
GPU: 1050 ti 4gb
PSU: 620W
Storage: 1 tb HDD
Memory: 1x8gb DDR3 and 1x4gb DDR3
Win 10 (64b)

It's been pretty good to me I can run OW, PUBG, Divinity Original Sin 2 and Total Warhammer 2 unfortuantley some of these are pretty CPU intensive and that's where im struggling but I'm happy with the 1050ti.

Anyway I'm thinking of getting the G4560 as it seems like an exceptional budget build. I obviously need a new Mobo and ram with that but really I'm most interested in a good recommendation for a new Mobo that I can later upgrade with nice Ram and SSD and a good cpu later. If you have another recommendation for a better CPU that will benefit me more I am planning to Upgrade GPU way later but currently have a 900p monitor so my next plan is
1) 1080p monitor
2) CPU/MOBO/RAM
3) SSD

Now since I think ill look into upgrading to a 1060 6gb once im done with my build and I think the g4560 can handle that load but if you think I need a quadcore im open to suggestions but I'm seeing that a lot of new cpus are requiring the newest mobos so I definitely don't want to need a new mobo ever with this build or ever within reason.

I know this is long winded so thank you for holding in. If you have any idea where to get a prebuilt with these good specs that i can just pop my 1050 ti in that'd be awesome but at the same time I already have GPU, PSU, and storage so I'm thinking I need to build my own.

One last thing I'm not sure how windows works but I upgraded 8.1 to 10 and ideally am looking to not rebuy it but I don't believe I have the original code but I've been seeing some people claim to not need to clean install it with a new mobo even but I'm doubtful. If you have any knowledge about this I'm just curious. Thanks for any and all advice or response!

Budget for CPU/MOBO/RAM ~350

gigantusmagnus

Reputable
Dec 22, 2017