Microtek Scanmaker 4900 Generic Driver

mjsabolg

Reputable
Oct 14, 2014
I need a scanning program or a driver to use my Microtek Scanmaker 4900 be it a twain, generic or any to make the 4900 work. The PC doesn't recognize that a scanner is connected but if I remove the USB cable it will make a sound noting the removal. I get messages that it needs a driver.

Solution
Do you still have the software CD that came with it?

If so I would get the drivers off of it and try using compatibility mode and hoping that they work. You might be able to find the drivers online although I would be extremely cautious where to download from. Considering the latest supported OS by the scanner was Windows XP if compatibility mode with the drivers doesn't help you may not be able to use it with Windows 10.

jr9

Estimable
Do you still have the software CD that came with it?

If so I would get the drivers off of it and try using compatibility mode and hoping that they work. You might be able to find the drivers online although I would be extremely cautious where to download from. Considering the latest supported OS by the scanner was Windows XP if compatibility mode with the drivers doesn't help you may not be able to use it with Windows 10.

Solution
Feb 23, 2018
I am about to try the driver for the 5800 series. Has drivers for Windows 7 and 10. While Microtec doesn't have a picture or mention the 4900 series, the 5800 was a re-make of it. Identical in every way except the colour.
I'll keep you posted. If anyone else has success, please post.