"No Signal" message on monitor when opening some games

ReeDoK

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2017
Sometimes when I open games like CS:GO or Call of Duty, monitor displays "No signal", but if I move the mouse or press on any key, the screen goes back. However the game freezes and I must close it. This does not happen while playing. I played The Witcher III on high settings for 4 hours, and I had no problems... It just happens when opening games.
My GPU is a KFA GTX 1050 Ti OC and the power supply is a nJoy Titan 500W. I've seen people here saying it could be the PSU. I have a new Thermaltake 650W which I never used. Should I change the PSU? Or is it something else, like a driver issue?

I appreciate any help or advise and sorry for my bad English.

Solution
This seems more like a driver issue more than a PSU issue, although it does seem like you have a PSU that really isn't professionally reviewed and is probably of questionable quality. I'm at work so I can't do a whole lot of digging right now, but I may get back to this later. For now it'd be best to switch your PSU with the Thermaltake one. If you can list its specific model that'd be great.

Use GeForce Experience or go to the Nvidia site to install the latest drivers. If you have any drivers from previous GPUs you need to uninstall them first.

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017
This seems more like a driver issue more than a PSU issue, although it does seem like you have a PSU that really isn't professionally reviewed and is probably of questionable quality. I'm at work so I can't do a whole lot of digging right now, but I may get back to this later. For now it'd be best to switch your PSU with the Thermaltake one. If you can list its specific model that'd be great.

Use GeForce Experience or go to the Nvidia site to install the latest drivers. If you have any drivers from previous GPUs you need to uninstall them first.

Solution

ReeDoK

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2017

The PSU is a Thermaltake LitePower Series 650W (LTP-0650P-2)...