Is it safe to Overclock your Monitor at 75hz? (RL2755)

CopenhagenPC

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017
Hello Guys!

I just bought a RL2755 yesterday for 100$ from a friend. it's barely used.
anyways. is it safe to overclock it to 75hz? the normal refresh rate on its properties is only 60hz.
I made a Custom Resolution where i set the refresh rate to 75hz using AMD Driver then 75hz will show up on monitor's properties. I'm wondering why i have to do that? maybe Safety features? that's why i am bothered.

What will happened if i overclock it to 75? Will it degrade the life span of the monitor?
How's Refresh rate overclocking works? is there a module? like higher refresh rate = more heat?

too many question. Please clear up my mind. I really want to use this monitor as 75hz but i don't want to shorten its life span. since i just bought this one cheap and it's impossible to find a good deal like this again.

Also one more thing. i saw a Preset on my Monitor's menu like Standard,Movie,FPS,Gamer1,Gamer2,Gamer3? like what's the difference with Standard and FPS? Is it only the visuals? No input delays? or some complicate stuff that help you game more?

Here is the Specification showed on their website
26170401_523536188044716_8413880122183638629_o.jpg

Solution
Overclocking your monitor shouldn’t hurt it or reduce it’s lifespan by much if anything at all. The fact that they have it listed as being able to run at 75Hz is proof enough that you’re fine with it.

The monitor you bought is a great 1080p monitor and all of those modes are for different game types. The “Gamer” settings are for profiles you make yourself (brightness, contrast, etc.). FPS (first person shooter) just tweeks certain lighting elements to make it easier to play FPS games.

It should be noted that your monitor was built with consoles in mind (and PC’s). Consoles will only run at 60Hz on that model whereas you can clock it to 75Hz with a PC.

I actually started a tread a little while ago about overclocking a monitor and I...

Jwpanz

Honorable
Overclocking your monitor shouldn’t hurt it or reduce it’s lifespan by much if anything at all. The fact that they have it listed as being able to run at 75Hz is proof enough that you’re fine with it.

The monitor you bought is a great 1080p monitor and all of those modes are for different game types. The “Gamer” settings are for profiles you make yourself (brightness, contrast, etc.). FPS (first person shooter) just tweeks certain lighting elements to make it easier to play FPS games.

It should be noted that your monitor was built with consoles in mind (and PC’s). Consoles will only run at 60Hz on that model whereas you can clock it to 75Hz with a PC.

I actually started a tread a little while ago about overclocking a monitor and I asked if anyone had any first-person experience with issues arising from an overclock (shortened life span, damage, etc.) and no one answered up. I have read so many threads where people just say things like “it’ll shorten it’s life” and have no proof to back up that claim. I overclock my monitor and I have had zero issues.

Solution

CopenhagenPC

Prominent
Apr 2, 2017

Thank you so much. Very clear answer and well explained. Picked as Best Solution.