144hz monitor detected as 60hz in blurbusters and capped to 60fps in wildlands.

buchananjesse

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
I've recently noticed a really annoying issue where my refresh rate will be recognised as 60hz as opposed to 144hz in blur busters. This seems to carry on through to wildlands where the framerate will cap at 60fps no matter what in game settings I choose. The only way I can fix this is to reinstall the nvidia driver everytime I restart my computer. After reinstalling everything is detected correctly, and wildlands is no longer capped at 60 fps. Does anyone know what could be causing this issue?
Any feedback on this would be hugely appreciated.
Specs:
windows 10 build 16299
GPU gtx 1080ti

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Monitor model number?

Firstly, are you using a DVI-D cable, or a DisplayPort cable (HDMI won't cut it, and neither will a regular DVI cable).
Second did you install the drivers for your monitor?
Thirdly can you select 144 under Display Settings > Advanced Display Settings/Display Adapter Properties > Monitor?

The first two are important to be able to do the third. If everything is in check, it could have to do with XBOX DVR https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=6239-DZCB-8600 and/or Fullscreen Optimization (read here for disabling fullscreen optimization https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/6sdn4s/if_you_play_overwatch_on_windows_10_consider/ )

buchananjesse

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010

Display Port. Yes I have 144hz selected in both the display adapter properties and NVIDIA control panel.
I have only recently started noticing this issue so it's possibly correlated with the relatively new Fall Update for windows. I've reinstalled the drivers and haven't turned my computer off and on again yet, so when it inevitably reverts back to 60hz I'll check if those last two things made a difference.
Cheers for the quick response!
EDIT:
I won't be home for the next 2 nights but I'll check when I get back.

What browser are you using for the ufo test?

buchananjesse

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010

I mainly use chrome, but it occurs in all the other browsers too.

buchananjesse

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010

I've only ever run DDU in safe mode, so I don't think it was that... The only thing differently that I did this time that I can think of was the installation process. After removing the driver in safe mode using DDU and restarting I rebooted in safe mode a second time to install the driver.