SDD / OS randomly freezes for a minute. Can't find a way to debug it.

cokolele

Commendable
Nov 3, 2016
Hello

After I installed new SSD and new HDD I keep getting freezes. They last about 20-30 seconds. I have one more connect HDD, old one which I used before. While pc is frozen I can still use loaded software.

It seems like a SSD issue because after pc is unfrozen I can hear click sound from pc, very similar to old HDD sounds. So I tried to unplug this old HDD but It keeps doing it. My only guess is all disks are suddenly locked and after some period PC checks them and start them again (resulting in click sound).

So I would wanna ask if you know about any software that would check for any software or drivers or hardware dumps/logs/w/e to find any error.

Thanks.

Solution

Hello again

In that case, please check if AHCI Controller driver and other chipset drivers along with graphics and audio drivers are updated, and Windows has latest updates installed.

Checking BIOS for any updates would be a good idea as well.

Cheers!!

cokolele

Commendable
Nov 3, 2016

Yes I did, I forgot to mention in original post but only error that shows there is 10016 but I am almost 100% sure it is not that since this error is not recorded every time the computer freezes AND on some forum someone said that It surely is not "showstopper" and is not expected to cause freezes.

Hello again

In that case, please check if AHCI Controller driver and other chipset drivers along with graphics and audio drivers are updated, and Windows has latest updates installed.

Checking BIOS for any updates would be a good idea as well.

Cheers!!

Solution