Doesn't load windows immediately

marclulofs

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
My computer shows the motherboard menu before loading windows. This morning it worked just fine, but since I installed a new SSD it doesn't load(?) Windows immediately and It takes longer to start then without SSD. Does anyone knows this problem and how to solve this?

Solution
Hello marclulofs

Please check the boot order in the BIOS and confirm if the SSD is set as first boot device (if Windows is installed on the SSD).

Also, can you please confirm if you installed Windows on the SSD, and while doing so, you disconnected the HDD?

Sometime, leaving the HDD connected while installing Windows on the SSD causes trouble.

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)
Hello marclulofs

Please check the boot order in the BIOS and confirm if the SSD is set as first boot device (if Windows is installed on the SSD).

Also, can you please confirm if you installed Windows on the SSD, and while doing so, you disconnected the HDD?

Sometime, leaving the HDD connected while installing Windows on the SSD causes trouble.

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Solution

marclulofs

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
Thanks for the reply! The SSD is set as the first boot device. And I installed Windows with the HDD disconnected. Would reinstalling windows and empty the drives solve the problem?

Hello again marclulofs

I am not sure that would help as the SSD is taking time to get off the initial screen.

Can you please reset the BIOS settings to default and then re-configure them from the start?

If that doesn't help, please shut down the computer (assuming that it's a laptop), pull out its battery, unplug it from the power supply, press and hold down the Power button for 45 to 60 seconds, plug the laptop back to the power outlet and see if it boots normally this time.

Also, please check if any updates are available for the BIOS. However, make sure to back up the current version before updating to the latest one.